Thursday, September 7, 2017

At last, a Porsche

After much procrastination, I signed a purchase agreement for a 2017 Porsche Macan, their small, highly rated, sporty SUV. In development, the Macan was code-named "Cajun" which stood for Cayenne Junior. Macan, I find by looking it up, is the Javanese word for tiger. The car is beautiful, a dark metallic blue exterior with a tan and black interior scheme. I recall how strange I felt when I bought a small, pretty, factory certified used Lexus ES 300 sedan those many years ago.  I was suffering from imposter syndrome at the time, not quite able to believe I had achieved a level of success to warrant owning that sweet little vehicle. How different I feel now. So many things have fallen into place to put me in a position to buy a bottom-of-the-line Porsche SUV at age 65 but I don't question the kindness of Fate any more. I just want to make my life count from here on out. I'm aware of my mortality every day and am in pretty good acceptance. My mission is to engage passionately with life, take care of myself, help others as much as possible whether in small ways or large ones, and see what happens.